As I reflect upon My PLE I have found it useful to apply the concept of literacies to each element.
In simple terms this is what I have arrived at as the important literacies of my PLE:
- I bring in My Accumulated Knowledge and My Energy Literacies – this includes my abilities to allocate time for reflection and recognise my own understandings and where they are at.
- I use My Inquiring Disposition Literacies – these are my abilities and interest in moving my learning and understandings along and their capacity to drive the rest of my PLE
- I use My Walking Wikipedias (all those people I know and connect to) Literacies – these are my relationship literacies – building trust and listening capacities etc
- I use My Sourcing Literacies – my finding sorting analyzing and storing literacies.
- I use My Social Media Literacies – these include all my means of interactions with My Walking Wikipedias – usually chosen to fit the context of my communication.
- I use My Computer and My Internet Literacies – to apply the technology as I attempt to satisfy My Inquiring Disposition.
Following this literacy path makes it easier to appreciate what may be barriers and issues in following a learning path and may ease the burden of complexity we so often associate with the internet’s flow.